Compound Angle Mud Motor
CAM SCOUT® is a patented compound angle motor that incorporates an internal tilted mandrel with a traditional low external bend housing to achieve high build rates. The external bend assists with steerability and tool face control while allowing the drill string to rotate at very high speeds.
Utilizing advanced bearing technology, and new manufacturing techniques,
CAM SCOUT was designed for vertical, curve, and lateral shale
drilling applications. Various bend angles and stabilization options allow
CAM SCOUT to be configured specifically for the intended application
or hole section.
CAM SCOUT can also be embedded with CuBIC® sensors from Sanvean Technologies, to record lateral and axial shock and vibration, string, and bit RPM, and temperature above and below the motor. And Cubic sensors also map drilling dynamics response in different formations.
- Multi-section - vertical, curve, lateral
- Single-solution BHA design for drilling programs
- One design with bend angle for the entire well
- High-dogleg capability
- High-surface RPM capability
- Neutral rotary build/drop tendency
- Built on proven bearing technology and driveline components
- Reduced vibration
- CuBIC® embedded sensors add no additional length or connections to the motor and can be used for Condition-Based Monitoring and to enhance performance
- CuBIC eliminates anecdotal and opinionated decisions – make decisions based on downhole facts
Below is a video of one of the main components of our motors that truly differentiates us from our competitors.Download CamScout Technical Data Sheet